Wound Care After Surgery
- LEAVE THICK DRESSING ON 24 HOURS-TAKE OFF AND SHOWER OR BATHE AS YOU NORMALLY DO
- APPLY VASELINE TWICE DAILY UNTIL YOU RETURN FOR SUTURE REMOVAL
Sun Safety Tips
Reducing your exposure to the sun is the simplest and easiest way to reduce your risk of skin cancer. You can have fun in the sun and reduce the risk by adhering to the following sun safety tips:
- Apply water-resistant sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or more. Re-apply every two hours, even on overcast days and after swimming or sweating.
- Seek shade between the hours of 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. if possible. As a rule, if your shadow is shorter than you, find some shade.
- Keep kids in the shade and with the proper amount of sunscreen.
- Be extra careful around water, snow and sand as they can reflect the sun’s rays and increase your risk of sun burn.
- Get vitamin D safely through a healthy diet that includes vitamin supplements rather than seeking direct sunlight.
- Steer clear of tanning beds. Consider trying a sunless self-tanning product combined with sunscreen to achieve a tanned look.
- Check your body regularly for abnormal lesions, dark spots or abnormal mole growth. Skin cancer is preventable when caught early.
Schedule Your Appointment
Trust in Heibel Dermatology for all your dermatologic needs.
Most insurance plans accepted.
Mon | Wed 7AM–5PM
Tues | Thurs 8AM–5PM
Sat | Sun Closed